Monday, August 29, 2011

Home Again, Home Again

Last Monday we were blessed to receive the ever so long awaited phone call, letting us know that our household goods (or HHG's if you can understand military language) had arrived in Sasebo. I cannot even begin to explain how excited I was to know our things would be delivered the following day! I've never been so appreciative of my personal belongings as I am now, after living without them for 2 months.
    So, the following day my good friend Kristen came and picked up the girls, while Josh and I directed movers as to where to up things. I've never had movers be so careful with  my things and work so hard to get it all into my house without any damage. They started at 9 and thought they were done around 1, until we realized that the hardware for the girls beds were no where to be found. Thus began the digging through and emptying of as many boxes as we could, to find the bag with parts in it. We finally found them in the bottom of one of Elliot's boxes of toys and they set up the beds. Here's a before and after photo of each room. There are still a few things that need to be hung on the walls and boxes that need to be moved to storage, but for having our things less than a week, it's not too bad!! 


The Kitchen



The Living Room




Dining Room



Hannah's Bedroom



Elliot's Room



Josh and my bedroom



So that's it! This is our home in Japan. I hope you enjoyed the photo tour!!




No comments:

Post a Comment