Monday, April 11, 2011

It's Offically, Official!!

We've been waiting for our orders to arrive and for those of you that know me, you know I'm not the most patient person.  Today, Josh finally got the long awaited e mail... We're officially going to Japan!! With orders finally in hand, we can schedule our pack out dates, arrange for flights and finally get things really rolling.. While I waited for these ever so important orders I learned a few things about where we'll be going..

1. It is exactly 10,264 miles from Annapolis, MD to Sasebo, Japan.
2. If you google map directions, you'll be instructed to kayak from Washington State to Hawaii, which is bound to take you a few days, as it's 2,765 miles from point A to point B.
3.After that long trek and hopefully a nice restful vacation in Hawaii, (you'll need it) you must get back into your kayak and continue on through the pacific ocean another 3,879 miles and enter Japan. Be careful of those pirates, I hear they can be pretty nasty!!!
4. Once you enter Japan, you'll need to understand this ..




This means Slow down... humm... I'm gonna need a full time translator!!


No comments:

Post a Comment